Erica LePore is a Naturopathic Doctor, a 2000 graduate of Bastyr University in Seattle, WA with a B.A. from Boston College. For over 14 years, Dr. LePore has guided over a thousand patients through a science-based detoxification program developed through her research and experience. Her patients have been amazed by the results achieved by following Dr. LePore’s detox plan. People of all ages (18-85) have achieved numerous health transformations including improvements in body weight, cholesterol, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, gluten intolerance, sleep disturbances, indigestion, GERD, arthritis pain, headaches, skin conditions, and menopausal and premenstrual symptoms. She continues to teach annual detoxification workshops in her hometown of Wakefield, RI.
My first exposure to the detoxification process was as a third year graduate student at Bastyr University in 1998. Challenged in a gastroenterology class to practice what I preach, I embarked on my first three-week detox journey. Amazed at the positive changes in my health and well-being, I introduced the detox to my clinical patients while completing my degree. I opened a private practice upon graduation in 2000 in Wakefield, RI. As part of my regular practice with hundreds of patients over the next several years, I incorporated detoxification into many treatment plans and observed significant and positive results. Detoxification treats the underlying cause of many illnesses, and incorporates the six basic principles of naturopathic medicine into one program, and the effects continue to amaze me.
I’ve guided over 1000 people through a 21-Day Detoxification program since 2000 in both one on one and group settings, and seasonal detoxification continues to be a focus of my own life. I call this focus the “Me” Tox. The “Me” Tox is the stage of the plan when you wake up and realize that investing time daily in your self-care is essential for your well-being. I think of it as a wake up call on all levels. I turned 30 on September 11, 2001. Pregnant with my first child, the birthday celebration turned to a day filled with fear and anxiety about the world my daughter was to enter. I spent the next decade trying to protect her and my other two children from the chaos and uncertainty of the news, media, and popular culture. I wanted their childhoods to be simple, innocent, and free from worry. As we all grew older, a shift occurred. The end of my 30s signaled a new beginning for me. I’d been pregnant and nursing for most of the decade, and when I weaned my third child I had just turned 39. The thought of turning 40 overwhelmed me. The looming 40th birthday brought a self-reflection I didn’t think was even possible. Free from the literal ties of motherhood, I was open to a new beginning, and the fully supplement supported 21- Day Detox was my jumpstart into taking time for me. This opportunity to “clean house” effects many levels of our health and wellness, and once awake, you’ll find your journey will lead you right where you need to be. For me, because I’ve personally witnessed the positive effects of detoxification for so many people, I want to continue to share this program with many more so they too can experience the life changing benefits.
Six Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
- 1. First Do No Harm – Do not introduce harmful substances. Remove all obstacles to wellness, i.e. toxins, chemicals, food sensitivities.
- 2. The Healing Power of Nature – Detoxification is a completely natural process. Nature has an innate healing wisdom. This can be found in the plant medicine used to support the detoxification process. The herbs used in the all natural Liver Detox Support formula offer both their energetic and therapeutic properties.
- 3. Discover and Treat the Cause, Not Just the Effect – The detoxification process treats the cause on many levels. It removes and identifies the effects of food sensitivities, chemicals in the food, processed food, white sugar, coffee, and alcohol. It gives the body a rest and a chance to reinvigorate its health.
- 4. Treat the Whole Person – The detoxification process doesn’t just address a specific symptom, it addresses the whole person on all levels – physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual.
- 5. The Physician is Teacher – It’s my role as a naturopathic doctor to educate the patient. Detoxification is my best effort to help others reach the optimum health and wellness they deserve.
- 6. Prevention is the best “cure” – Supporting your liver’s natural detoxification process allows you to feel your best right now, and provides a jump start for a healthier future.